Nowadays, it’s more convenient than ever to shop online using only a few taps on your mobile. It’s a fact that eCommerce has been evolving rapidly in the last 2 years, seeing a significant rise in the eCommerce industry.
Although physical stores will not go out of style, customers want variety and convenience. Companies must stay on top of the current trends in ecommerce since consumer behaviors are constantly changing. Launches of new products don’t only occur in the physical world, but the digital space is equally or even more important. OmTec Web is a leading E-commerce development company that provides the best ecommerce development services for your business.
Let’s look at the most popular ecommerce trends you should be preparing ahead of in the year 2022.
The types of ecommerce trends to keep an eye on
- Social commerce
- Augmented Reality (AR) commerce / Virtual Reality (VR)
- QR CODES
- Mobile Commerce
- Voice Commerce
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
1. Social Commerce on the internet
“Social commerce” can be described as users purchasing and selling goods or services directly through an online social media site. As the industry grows, so does the influencer business and the growing popularity of influencers. The next natural stage is to help influencers and companies sell their products to customers.
It’s a long-term strategy that allows retailers to quickly, efficiently, and quickly explore new markets. Simply put, it sells your goods through social media sites like Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram, etc. The greater ads on these platforms help customers learn about products more efficiently and follow the links to purchase the desired items. Social media integration can be a helpful choice when developing an eCommerce site.
The advantages of using social commerce
- Realistic engagement, interest-specific targeted.
- Enhances the engagement of your audience.
- Creates a lasting brand image and increases awareness of the product
- Optimizes consumer experience.
- Develops audience reach.
- Higher conversion rates.
- Increased chances of getting referrals.
2.Augmented Reality (AR) commerce / Virtual Reality (VR)
Augmented Reality (AR) in e-commerce uses 3D mapping to test out products or view experiences before purchasing.
Augmented Real (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) have played a significant part in the recent retail experience. A huge benefit to the eCommerce industry is overcoming many obstacles when shopping online. Augmented Reality (AR) is essential in allowing customers to see the products they are interested in or try out services before purchasing. It assists them in imagining an item before deciding on whether it will meet the requirements. Implementing Augmented Reality (AR) in their eCommerce platform is an excellent benefit for online companies. Many reviews and surveys provide evidence of the significance of Augmented Reality (AR) and VirtualReality (VR) in eCommerce development.
Some advantages of AR/VR for eCommerce:
- Improves customer experience.
- Improves the performance of businesses.
- Enhances the level of engagement among consumers.
3. Voice Commerce
Many customers use voice assistants, such as Alexa, Siri, Google Assistant, etc. Voice Commerce is the future of eCommerce, and the market is expected to double in 2025. About 60% of the people who have the voice assistant have purchased things using voice.
Some tips to include voice-search successfully on the site:
- Optimize your website’s content to increase the chances of appearing in voice-based searches.
- Create a smooth flow for customers to purchase your goods using voice search.
- Make a new function available for Alexa or Google voice assistants.
- Provide voice-based navigation on your app and website.
4. Artificial Intelligence
Businesses selling online are using AI and Machine Learning (ML) more and more to deliver personalized shopping experiences through intelligent product recommendations and predictive search. Furthermore, helpful AI is the most effective way to meet each customer’s demands. Their previous purchases, search results, and browsing habits impact customers’ choices, and personalized product recommendations affect conversion rates.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) in eCommerce is sure to assist online retailers in analyzing trends and customer behaviors to determine the ideal time to introduce a specific product, determine its price, and the best channel to advertise the products.
Some advantages from Artificial Intelligence (AI) in eCommerce development:
- Helps a customer-centric search in online stores.
- Enhances personalized customer experience.
- Enhances sales processes.
- Specific customers are targeted for potential.
5. Progressive Web Apps (PWA)Another major trend expected to play an essential role in eCommerce development is PWA (Progressive Web Apps). Online companies are always looking for innovative and new ways to improve customer satisfaction when they sell online and simultaneously increase revenue and sales. PWA is an effective method to achieve both of these goals. Many online companies utilize PWA to offer a more satisfying customer experience on mobile devices. PWA is an emerging trend that is likely to be a significant factor in the eCommerce sector in the coming years.
The main benefits from PWA:
- Development costs are low.
- App-like appearance and feel
- Fast installation
- No update issues
- Offline operation seamless and uninterrupted
- There is no app store sign-up
- Push notification feature
6. QR CODES
QR codes are frequently utilized to increase the post-purchase experience and encourage marketing engagement. QR codes can also encourage customers to sign up for loyalty plans, join newsletters, or provide valuable feedback.
A few of the main advantages of QR CODES
- Qr codes promote sharing and networking
- They can enhance your smo and seo
- They connect your online and offline media
- Customers love them
- They can be used as a ‘call-to-action.’
7. Mobile Commerce
A great mobile-friendly experience will maintain customers returning to your store and guarantee that your sales will increase in the future years. You should consider adding push notifications or SMS, mobile-friendly content, mobile e-commerce application, and websites optimized for mobile.
With the increasing dependence of customers on their mobile devices more than ever before, it’s not difficult to imagine that mobile will be closer to becoming the best choice of customers for shopping online soon.ECommerce company needs to have mobile-friendly websites today. Making websites mobile-friendly is a trend that will be about for a very long time, and its significance will become obvious every passing day.
A few of the main advantages of mobile commerce
- Easy access.
- Provides a better user experience.
- Facilitates faster transactions.
- Tracks the location of your device and sends personalized notifications for location tracking.
- Attracts new customers.
- Reducing costs and improving productivity.
The success of e-commerce is why they continue to predict the future of trends. The technology shows the best way to serve retailers selling online in the new time. As technology improves functionality, efficiency, and results, it will significantly improve customer satisfaction. Satisfying customers at every point of contact while reducing stress and providing personalized efficiency will increase engagement and loyalty to brands. These are just some of the trends in e-commerce that are set to change the look of ecommerce shortly.